[ pick your music according to your drink ...]
1. FLO - Ca ne tient pas la route
2. Gerardo Balestrieri - Blues del Putage
3. Julia Jacklin - Body
4. Tricky;Oh. Land - Running Off
5. Placebo - The Crawl
6. Archive - Fool
7. Shigeru Umebayashi - Onmyoji II - Main Theme
8. David Olney/Anana Kaye - Thank You Note
9. Michelle Gurevich - First Six Months of Love
10. Eddie Vedder/Olivia Vedder - There's A Girl
11. Melody Gardot - Preacherman
12. Raffaela Siniscalchi Quartet - Clap Hands
13. Maggie Bjorklund - Fro Fro Heart
14. Tkay Maidza - Where Is My Mind?
15. Arooj Aftab - Last Night
16. Ville Valo & Agents - Kirstinkulma
17. Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker
18. Cesare Basile - Cola si fici focu
19. Dope Lemon - Hey You
20. The Walkabouts - Hard Winds Blowin'
21. Soapkills - Marra Fi Ghnina
Photo from istock
90 ml Fresh Orange Juice
15 ml Grenadine Syrup
Garnish: Garnish with half orange slice or an orange zest.
Pour tequila and orange juice directly into highball glass filled with ice cubes. Add the grenadine syrup to create chromatic effect (sunrise), do not stir.
IBA official cocktail (International bartender association)
The original tequila sunrise contained tequila, creme de cassis, lime juice, and soda water, and was served at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel where it was created by Gene Sulit in the 1930s or 1940s.
The more popular modern version of the cocktail contains tequila, orange juice, and grenadine, and was created by Bobby Lozoff and Billy Rice in the early 1970s while working as young bartenders at the Trident in Sausalito, California north of San Francisco. In 1972, at a private party at the Trident organized by Bill Graham to kick off the Rolling Stones' 1972 tour in America, Mick Jagger had one of the cocktails, liked it, and he and his entourage started drinking them. They later ordered them all across America, even dubbing the tour itself their "cocaine and tequila sunrise tour".
At the time, the Trident was the largest outlet for tequila in the United States, and in 1973 Jose Cuervo picked up on the new drink as a marketing opportunity and put the recipe for the new drink on the back of their bottles of tequila, and promoted it in other ways. Later that same year, the Eagles recorded a song called "Tequila Sunrise" for their Desperado album as the drink was soaring in popularity. In 1988, a successful film titled Tequila Sunrise was released, starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Mel Gibson and Kurt Russell, and directed by Robert Towne.
Copyright Radio Papadoble - Website created by rwm 2021 - Crédits photos - PEXELS-UNSPLASH-FREE PHOTOS