[ pick your music according to your drink ...]
1. Ben Webster - Danny Boy (Album Version)
2. Eddie Higgins Quartet feat. Scott Hamilton - My Foolish Heart
3. Seldon Powell - Blue & Sentimental
4. Ben Webster - My Funny Valentine
5. Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock & Jack DeJohnette - When I Fall In Love
6. Jutta Hipp - Violets For Your Furs (feat. Zoot Sims)
7. Toni Sola & Ignasi Terraza - You've Changed
8. Coleman Hawkins & Ben Webster - It Never Entered My Mind
9. Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington - Mood Indigo
10. Ben Webster;Richard Davis - Someone to Watch Over Me
11. Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Believe Beleft Below
12. Joshua Redman - Body & Soul
13. Ben Webster;Peterson - In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
14. Ben Webster - Stardust (Remastered)
15. Ike Quebec - Lover Man
16. Toni Sola & Ignasi Terraza - When Sunny Gets Blue
17. Louis Armstrong - Solitude
18. Ben Websters - Where Are You?
19. Lester Young - There Will Never Be Another You
20. Charlie Haden Quartet West - Angel Face
21. Lester Young and The Oscar Peterson Trio - I'm Confessin'
22. Ben Webster - Over The Rainbow
23. Lester Young - These Foolish Things
24. Ben Websters & Coleman Hawkins - Tangerine
25. Ben Webster;Jimmy Jones - When I Fall In Love
26. Julia Hülsmann;Marc Muellbauer - Kiss From A Rose
30 ml Amber Jamaican Rum
30 ml Martinique Molasses Rhum*
15 ml Orange Curacao
15 ml Orgeat Syrup (Almond)
30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
7.5 ml Simple Syrup
Garnish: Garnish with pineapple spear, mint leaves, and lime peel.
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake and pour into a double rocks glass or a highball glass.
* The Martinique molasses rum used by Trader Vic was not an Agricole rum but a type of “rummy” from molasses.
Mai-Tai - iba-world.com
Victor J. Bergeron claimed to have invented the Mai Tai in 1944 at his restaurant, Trader Vic's, in Oakland, California, US.Trader Vic's forerunner, Donn Beach, claimed to have instead first created it in 1933, although a longtime colleague said that Beach was actually just alleging that the Mai Tai was based on his Q.B. Cooler cocktail. Don the Beachcomber's recipe is more complex than Vic's and some believe it tastes quite different.Others believe that, despite the difference in ingredients, the Q.B. Cooler tastes quite similar.
The Mai Tai was introduced in Hawaii in 1953 when Bergeron created a cocktail menu for the Matson Company hotels the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and Moana Hotel. The cocktail became a hit and was called the "top tourist tantalizer" in 1959.In the years thereafter, pineapple juice, orange juice, and a dark rum float became commonly used in Mai Tais produced in Hawaii.
The name was allegedly taken from maitaʻi, the Tahitian word for "good" or "excellence", although the drink is usually spelled as two words, sometimes hyphenated or capitalized.
Mai Tai - Wikipedia
Copyright Radio Papadoble - Website created by rwm 2021 - Crédits photos - PEXELS-UNSPLASH-FREE PHOTOS