[ pick your music according to your drink ...]
1. Jacob Gurevitsch/Buika - Melancolía
2. Arthur H - La boxeuse amoureuse (Radio Edit)
3. Daniel Auteuil - Si vous voulez que j'aime encore
4. Francesca Genny Di Costanzo - Dicitencello vuje
5. Michelle Gurevich - Goodbye My Dictator
6. An Pierle - L'obsede
7. Boris Kovac - Zojka's Vals
8. Zbigniew Preisner - Les Marionnettes
9. Ratso - Stubborn Heart
10. Dave Gahan/Soulsavers - Smile
11. Lena Måndotter - By the Rivers Dark
12. The Mavericks - Blue Moon
13. Gill Landry - I Love You Too
14. Laura Sanz - Liebestraum, No. 3
15. 1Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas
16. Nino D'Angelo/James Senese - Vivere e muri
17. Chicken Shack - I'd Rather Go Blind
18. Karen Dalton - Take Me
19. Gabriels - Bloodline
20. Calibro 35/Marina Maximilian - It's a Man's Man's Man's World
45 ml Gold Rum
15 ml Galliano
60 ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
1 dash Fresh Lime Juice
Top up with Prosecco
Garnish: Pineapple and Cherry, optional mint sprig for additional aroma.
Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker except the Prosecco, shake well with ice, strain into chilled highball glass filled with ice and top up with Prosecco.
IBA official cocktail (International bartender association)
The roots of the cocktail lie in the open sea. Back in the 1950s, Benito Cuppari invented the drink while working as a barkeeper on the Cristoforo Colombo cruise liner. A few years later, in 1965, he perfected the recipe for the cocktail, soon after starting to work on another ship - the SS Michelangelo.
Origin of the name
Cuppari also took the refined recipe as an opportunity to rename the cocktail into Barracuda. -As it happens, that was also the name of one of the most famous beach clubs in the 50s and 60s run by a close friend of Cuppari, which probably played a role in his choosing the new name.
Copyright Radio Papadoble - Website created by rwm 2021 - Crédits photos - PEXELS-UNSPLASH-FREE PHOTOS